Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Valentine Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce


I love waking up early on Sunday morning and drinking my coffee while making my family a nice breakfast.  I bought some heart shaped cookie cutters at the store this week, and knew just what I wanted to make first using them.  Heart pancakes with a special blueberry sauce were the perfect breakfast to show my love for my family.  They are fast and easy, no measuring cups required, since I always use Hungry Jack Buttermilk Complete pancake mix.  If I'm going to get out measuring cups, I'm making Cinnamon RollsBanana Blueberry Streusel Muffins, or Mini Doughnut Muffins!  But today, it's all about simple and pretty pancakes. 

Ingredients:

Pancakes, cooked per instructions on box (or your favorite homemade recipe)
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2 T water
1/4 cup maple or pancake syrup

Cook pancakes and set aside in a single layer on a cutting board.  Cut out heart shapes using cookie cutters.

In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the blueberries and water.  Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add the syrup and cook another few minutes.  

Plate up pretty heart pancakes, dollop on some butter, and top with blueberry sauce.  We also like to finish ours off with a light dusting of powder sugar (not pictured).  Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Oh these are so cute. And I just know that kids would go crazy for these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind the kids, my husband would love these, lol! What a perfect breakfast for Valentine's Day (or any day...)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy. We love to have a family breakfast on Sundays too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and quick too! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pancakes look lovely and delicious. I'm sure anyone would be super happy to get them as valentine's day breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you stopped by and are taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading them all. Thanks so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails