Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Weekday Morning Routine...And I've Been Tagged!

Every morning, I rush around getting my kiddos up and ready for school.  I fix their hair all pretty and make sure their clothes match, and more importantly, still fit.  You would be surprised what my little Taylor will wear...with her tummy not fully covered and her ankles peeking out below her jeans.  Then I make their breakfast, and pack up their lunch, snacks and waters.  I set their backpacks by the back door and make sure their jackets are also packed in case they get cold in class.  I send them to brush their teeth and put on their shoes.  I look them over while I run through my list in my head.  I kiss them on the head, give them big hugs, and tell them to have a great day.  Daddy loads them up in the car and drives them to school.  It's finally time for my coffee.  

Psych!  My cranky little Jordyn is now yelling at me that it's her breakfast time!  NOW!  So I ignore the coffee maker staring at me and make her whatever she picks out.  I choose my battles with her or it would be a very long day.  I sit her down at the kitchen table and run to the coffee maker.  I load my favorite Butter Toffee or Vanilla Caramel flavored K-cup into our (worth the investment Keurig) coffee maker.  Finally, the smell of freshly brewed coffee fills the air and I know that I will soon have the energy I need to help me get through my day.

I set my big cup of coffee on the living room side table, grab my laptop, and sit down in my comfy recliner.  I pull up my feet, take a sip of my coffee, and log into my Blogger dashboard.  I spend about 30 minutes reading all the new posts for the day.  These bloggers inspire me, make me laugh, and bring back memories from my entire life.  There are so many dishes that remind me of loved ones and special times.  There are so many stories that make me laugh and be so incredibly grateful to be a mother.  There are photographs that leave me in awe of the beauty or moment captured.  I REALLY enjoy my morning coffee and getting caught up in all of my favorite blogger's lives.  I hope that I help inspire others out there is this huge blogging community.  I work hard to keep up with my blog in my very busy life as a Mom, wife, daughter, and friend.  I love to cook and love to share my passion with you!

My blogger buddy Shannon at Delectalicious! tagged me to answer some questions.  Here's her original post.  Here are my answers to Shannon's questions.

1. What was the first entry you posted on your blog?
Nestle Toll House Swirled Chip Cookies

2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Having the freedom and outlet to talk about whatever I want

3. What is the most important thing you have learned about having a blog?
Be grateful and respectful to my followers and appreciate all their comments

4. What was the worst job you ever had?
 Pizza place at the mall where all my friends hung out

5. Name the one food you absolutely will not eat?
Salmon

6. What is the one movie you could watch a million times without ever getting bored with it?
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

7. Name one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to you.
Tucking my skirt into my hose after using the ladies room, then walking across the entire filled restaurant before my Mom noticed and fixed it for me. I was a shy and awkward teenager and begged to leave right then.

8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People talking, texting, or playing on their cell phones while driving through school zones.  They even do it in the car pick up line when kids are running around everywhere, even though it's against the law where we live.

Now, I'm supposed to pick 8 bloggers to "Tag", so here they are:

Annie's Eats

Beantown Baker

Bo's Bowl

Brown Eyed Baker

For the Love of Cooking

Macaroni and Cheesecake

The Hungry Housewife

The Kitchen Witch

I can't wait to learn more about you all.  Here are my questions for you:

1. Who inspired you the most growing up?

2.  Who inspires you the most now?  Do they know it?

3.  What did you want to be when you grew up?  Did it come true?

4.  Where would you most like to travel to and explore for an entire month?

5.  Where do you want to retire?

6.  What is your favorite dish of all time?

7.  What famous person would you like to meet that is alive?

8.  What cooking show would you like to be on if given the opportunity?


Now, it's your turn to choose 8 blogs you enjoy and leave a comment on their blogs letting them know they have been tagged. In the comment be sure to link back to your answers, 8 new questions for each of them, and instructions on what to do.

4 comments:

  1. Rhondi thanks for picking me....I'm going to cheat a little and swap out some of the questions for a few of the original questions you were asked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this - and Christmas Vacation is also one I watch over and over.

    I've already got my blog ready for tomorrow but look forward to doing your tag for Thursday - thanks Rhondi, this looks like fun. I really enjoyed reading about your mornings and could picture myself right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bo, no problem, answer any of the questions you feel comfortable with. I appreciate you participating. I think it's a fun way to get to know our blogger buddies out there! Have a great day! Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyndsay, I can't wait to hear your answers. I watch Christmas Vacation over and over during the holidays, so much that our DVD is missing. What a tragedy I didn't get to see it but once when it showed on tv. My kids and I could probably reenact it! Have a great day! Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

I love that you stopped by and are taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading them all. Thanks so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails