Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Oreo Truffles


On Thanksgiving afternoon, our neighbors brought over a red glittery box full of white and milk chocolate covered goodies.  My daughters immediately wanted to dive into the white chocolate ones and I went for the milk chocolate.  So you probably guessed by now that one of them were Oreo Truffles...white chocolate.  The others were Peanut Butter Truffles, which I plan on making next week.  They were both delicious! 

After doing some research, I found these truffles everywhere on the internet.  It's always the same recipe, so it must be tried and true.  Sure enough, it tastes just like the ones our neighbors made.  They are so good and addictive!  I actually ended up making some milk chocolate covered Oreo truffles too since my FIL will be here tomorrow and he prefers milk chocolate.  I just had to try one and they were really tasty!

Did you know that Nabisco makes Holiday Oreos.  Seriously, they really do!  They have cute little wintery pictures and red creme filling.  See...




Ingredients:

1 package Oreo cookies
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 package white chocolate bark
Christmas sprinkles or other decorations

Put all the Oreos in a food processor and grind into a fine powder.  Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the cream cheese.  Mix thoroughly.  Shape into 1 inch balls.  We were able to make 30.  Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet.  Place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up.

Melt the chocolate according to the instructions.  I used the microwave and heated it for 45 seconds, stirred, then 15 second intervals until melted.

Dip each Oreo ball into the melted chocolate.  Use a spoon to roll it around on all sides.  Remove from the bowl using a fork and tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to let the extra chocolate drip back into the bowl.  Place back on the wax paper lined baking sheet and decorate with sprinkles, as the chocolate dries quickly.  You can also wait until the white chocolate dries and drizzle some milk chocolate over the tops.  These were my favorite!

Refrigerate until ready to serve since they have cream cheese in them.  Now go share some with your neighbors and friends.  Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Rhondi, these are so pretty! I've seen them everywhere too but haven't made them yet. I have so many recipes on my "to-make" list, I don't think I'll get through them all even if I live to be 100, lol! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhondi, my husband was looking over my shoulder as I read this - he was very impressed (as am I)

    I actaully haven't seen this recipe yet but am very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious and so pretty, hope we have some for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truffles are the best!!! I made some yesterday and it is soooo hard for me not to eat all of them. Yours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! How yummy!

    What would you do with a $75 gift card?  I have a  giveaway on my blog right now for just that!  

    Come on over and enter!  

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound soooo yummy... several of your popular posts include favorites of mine: oreos & choc/pb!

    Found you at EKat's Friday Potluck... I'd like to invite you to come link your most popular recipe at Make a Food-"e"-Friend Monday #2: Most Popular Recipes from the Food Blogosphere. Looking forward to seeing what that is!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you stopped by and are taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading them all. Thanks so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails