Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers – Baked


Here's another appetizer my husband and I enjoy eating at home. I found the recipe on my favorite cooking blog For the Love of Cooking. I just added some cheddar cheese and seasonings.

Ingredients:

10 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise, ribs and seeds removed
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese,
softened 4 oz finely shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Cumin Plain
Panko bread crumbs
1 T butter, melted

 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Cook bacon and set aside. Cut jalapenos lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds. In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin. Use a small spoon to stuff each jalapeno with the cheese mixture. Combine panko bread crumbs and butter and pour on a small plate. Dip each stuffed jalapeno in the crumb mixture to cover the cheese. Bake jalapenos for about 20 minutes. They are ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you stopped by and are taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading them all. Thanks so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails